Immunity is the ability of the body to resist diseases, the immune system detoxifies foreign cells, various infections, and viruses, and then destroys them.
Symptoms of immunity failure include:
- Frequent catarrhal diseases
- Prolonged fever
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Joint and muscle pain
- Sleep disturbances
- Frequent headaches
- Rashes on the skin
All these are manifestations of disturbances in the immune function and the reasons to begin to strengthen the body and consult a doctor.
Causes of Decreased Immunity
Some of the causes of the decreased immune system include:
- Bad ecology.
- Low-quality food, containing a lot of preservatives, stabilizers, dyes, baking powder, etc. Products with a high sugar content weaken the immune system, i.e. the ability of protective properties to fight external factors. Drinks that destroy homeostasis – they poison the aquatic environment of cellular and intercellular spaces, destroying immunity.
- Deficiency of vitamins and microelements. Lack of trace elements such as zinc and selenium decrease the immunity.
- Antibiotics. Recent studies have shown that any antibiotic, even if used on purpose, lowers the body’s immune system by 50–75%.
- Constant stress. Stress cannot be avoided but you need to learn to manage stress.
- Physical and mental overload.
- Viral infections, microbes, and bacteria.
- Chronic lack of sleep.
Ways to Boost the Immune System
Usually, a person thinks about the role and possibilities of maintaining immunity only during a severe cold, while it itself is a consequence of immune deficiency.
Therefore, it’s important to strengthen immunity to avoid health problems for everyone, especially in the off-season on the eve of spring – this is the time when the body especially needs support. Also, it is important to pay attention to immunity to those who have suffered from a respiratory illness, URTI or influenza and who are experiencing great physical exertion.
You can restore and maintain immunity with the help of special immuno-fortifying agents, but there are many additional ways to strengthen the body.
Proper nutrition is the key to protection against viruses and diseases and the most important factor contributing to the improvement of the body’s defenses. Your menu should contain proteins of animal and vegetable origin. Animal proteins are found in meat, fish, eggs, and milk, while vegetable proteins can be found in peas, beans, buckwheat, and oatmeal. Beef liver and seafood beneficially affect the immune system.
To strengthen immunity, vitamins and trace elements are needed. Their deficiency can be replenished with the help of multivitamin complexes, but in general it is better to get vitamins and trace elements in a natural way. Vitamin A can be found in carrots, grapes, and greens. Vitamin C can be found in citrus, cranberry, cowberry, and cabbage, especially sauerkraut. Vitamin E is in sunflower, olive or corn oil. Vitamins of B group are abundant in legumes, cereals, eggs, any herbs, and nuts.
Get rid of bad habits
Smoking and alcohol undermine and kill immunity. You need to quit smoking and avoid tobacco smoke, as well as don’t drink too much alcohol. However, dry red wine is useful for immunity, but the maximum permissible daily dose is 50–100 grams.
Stress is one of the main enemies of immunity. The most dangerous is an uncontrollable stress when a person can’t cope with emotions. There is only one way for getting rid of stressful situations – form a calm attitude to everything, whatever happens.
Getting used to cold
You should prepare for any outbreak of disease in advance. Everyone knows about cold trainings, but most are sure that cold trainings are an inurement to the cold. But in fact, the essence of cold trainings is to train mucous membranes to quickly respond to a sharp change in temperature.